Today the Economist Conferences and the NFL are holding a “summit” to address some big issues in global sports. While I wish the conference was a bit more inclusive – many of the projected speakers and attendees are the same folks at the World Congress of Sport -the topics are important and the timing especially prescient.
You can learn more about the conference at http://www.economistconferences.co.uk/event/global-sport-summit/68.
Topics to be discussed at the Summit include two especially relevant to this blog.
• The power of sport
• Developments in sports sponsorship
• Broadcasting rights and wrongs; time for re-valuation?
• The worldwide economic outlook
• How are business models evolving?
• The role of the Head Coach in achieving success
• Reaching out to a new generation of fans
• Sport as an engine of social regeneration
The summary of the 2008 Summit can be found here.