The 5th edition of the Peace and Sport International Forum will take place in the Principality of Monaco from 26-28 October 2011.
“The Peace and Sport International Forum has become the essential event in the diary of all stakeholders who strive to use sport to promote and build sustainable peace in vulnerable communities throughout the world.
In the Principality of Monaco’s politically-neutral environment, the Peace and Sport International Forum acts as a platform for international cooperation to reinforce synergies between world sports governing bodies, governments, international organisations, sports champions, civil society and the private sector.”
“Since its inception, the Peace and Sport International Forum has been increasingly successful. It brings together the highest authorities from the worlds of politics, sport, the private sector and civil society, committed to actions for peace through sport. Governments, International Organizations for Peace, representatives from world sport governance (International Olympic Committee, International Sports Federations and National Olympic Committees), sport champions, strategic and financial partners, experts from the world of sport and Non-Governmental Organisations.”
A privileged place for meetings, the Peace and Sport International Forum is unique for:
- Promoting dialogue and trying to match the needs identified by governments and local actors to the solutions that stakeholders in the sports movement can provide
- Initiation of partnerships to be more effective and pragmatic in the field
- Identifying future Locally-based Projects
- Promoting best practices
- Reporting on projects in progress
- Developing a global network of committed players
- Educating the general public about the power of sport to act as an instrument for peace”
Please follow the organization on Twitter and Facebook, and at its website to keep abreast of events as they happen at the Forum, and afterward, as the organization provides a great summary of lessons learned and shares those with us.